The global immunohistochemistry market size is expected to reach a value of USD 3.2 billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 7.8%, according to a new report by Radiant Insights, Inc. Rising prevalence of chronic diseases, increasing regulatory approvals, and launch of technologically advanced immunohistochemistry (IHC) systems are expected to propel market growth over the forecast period.
IHC has become a crucial technique and is widely applied in the diagnosis of several chronic diseases such as cancer, infectious diseases, and cardiovascular diseases (CVDs). Thus, a rise in the incidence of these chronic diseases has led to an increase in the demand for IHC techniques. According to 2018 data published by WHO, globally, cancer was one of the leading causes of mortality, and in 2018 around 9.6 million deaths were registered due to cancer. The same source also states that every year CVDs cause around 17.9 million deaths, globally.
Download Free Sample Report @ https://www.radiantinsights.com/research/immunohistochemistry-market/request-sample
Furthermore, increasing regulatory approval and launch of novel IHC products are expected to support IHC market growth. For instance, in May 2019, F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG launched its new VENTANA ROS1 (SP384) Rabbit Monoclonal Primary Antibody, intended for the detection of ROS1-positive cancer cases. Additionally, in June 2019, the U.S. FDA approved the expanded use of Agilent Technologies’ PD-L1 IHC 22C3 pharmDx assay for the detection of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma (HNSCC). This product is used in patients receiving treatment with Merck and Co., Inc.’s Keytruda (Pembrolizumab).
However, various limitations associated with immunohistochemistry techniques and the high cost of automated IHC instruments are expected to hinder market growth over the forecast period. Automated immunohistochemistry instruments for disease diagnosis involve high setup costs. As a result, various emerging economies still rely on cost-effective traditional diagnostics that are based on immunostaining of thin tissue sections.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
• Antibodies product segment held the largest market share in 2019 owing to increasing product approval and their high adoption rate, leading to a high demand for IHC techniques
• The diagnostics application segment dominated the IHC market in 2019 and is expected to witness the highest growth over the forecast period due to the rising prevalence of chronic diseases
• Hospitals and diagnostic laboratories dominated the market, by end use in 2019 owing to an increase in the number of hospitals and diagnostic centers with advanced infrastructure and the growing incidence of life-threatening diseases
• North America held the largest market share in 2019 due to the presence of well-established healthcare infrastructure, favorable healthcare reimbursement policies, and the presence of major players in U.S.
• Asia Pacific is anticipated to exhibit fastest growth over the forecast period due to the increasing prevalence of chronic diseases in countries such as China and India
• Some of the key players of immunohistochemistry market are Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.; F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.; Merck KGaA; Danaher Corporation; Perkinelmer, Inc.; Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.; Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.; Bio SB; Agilent Technologies, Inc.; and Abcam plc.
Browse Full Research Report with TOC @ https://www.radiantinsights.com/research/immunohistochemistry-market
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Methodology and Scope
1.1 Market segmentation & scope
1.2 Market definition
1.3 Information procurement
1.3.1 Purchased database
1.3.2 Radiant Insights internal database
1.3.3 Secondary sources & third party perspectives
1.3.4 Primary research
1.4 Information analysis
1.4.1 Data analysis models
1.5 Market formulation & data visualization
1.6 Data validation & publishing
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
2.1 Market Outlook
2.2 Segment Outlook
2.3 Competitive Insights
Chapter 3 Immunohistochemistry (IHC) Market Variables, Trends & Scope
3.1 Market Lineage Outlook
3.1.1 Parent Market Outlook
3.1.2 Ancillary Market Outlook
3.2 Penetration and Growth Prospect Mapping
3.3 Market Dynamics
3.3.1 Market driver analysis
22.214.171.124 High prevalence of chronic diseases
126.96.36.199 Intoduction of technollogically advanced IHC solutions
188.8.131.52 Increasing R&D investments
184.108.40.206 Strategic initatives by major players
220.127.116.11 Improving healthcare infrastructure in emerging economies
3.3.2 Market Restraint Analysis
18.104.22.168 High cost of IHC instruments
22.214.171.124 Limitations associated with IHC techniques
126.96.36.199 Increasing Product recalls
3.3.3 Industry challenges
188.8.131.52 Presence of ambiguous regulatory framework
Read all Reports of this category @ https://www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/healthcare
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a platform for companies looking to meet their market research and business intelligence requirements. It assists and facilitate organizations and individuals procure market research reports, helping them in the decisions making process. The Organization has a comprehensive collection of reports, covering over 40 key industries and a host of micro markets. In addition to over extensive database of reports, experienced research coordinators also offer a host of ancillary services such as, research partnerships/ tie-ups and customized research solutions.
Company Name: Radiant Insights, Inc
Contact Person: Michelle Thoras
Phone: (415) 349-0054
Toll Free: 1-888-928-9744
Address: 201 Spear Street 1100, Suite 3036,
City: San Francisco; State: California; Country: United States